EuroCom plans and establishes industrial plants worldwide, which exhibit a high level concerning safety, health and environment protection.
Basis is an effective concept as a component of self obligation from EuroCom for acting in professional/responsible matter.
The available guideline applies to all customer projects. In other ventures in which EuroCom is involved in the operational guidance, the application of this guideline or an equivalent proceeding is contractually agreed with the partners. These guidelines shall apply for all kind of projects, irrespective of EuroCom's scope of responsibility i. e. General Contractor with sole responsibility, supervision of subcontractors, or project management for complete units.
The present guide line provides a uniform frame to be applied within in the EuroCom group of compa-nies, for a multilevel system of safety, health and environment (SHE) rules during the completion of projects. The EuroCom-Management controls on the basis of defined time and targets during the course of project whether the legal, the customer's and EuroCom's internal requirements are fulfilled.
To achieve the planned targets, EuroCom shall introduce suitable measurements and guidances, if necessary.
4. Responsibilites and Qualifications
Depending on the project structure EuroCom shall accomplish the SHE - analysis. Within the contractual responsibilities the relevant technology data are determined by the customer or by EuroCom. The Project Management shall be responsible for the systemized completion of the project as well as the documentation.
The internal and/or external SHE-Manager shall be appointed by the Managing Director of EuroCom. Also the Project Management is bound to the instructions of the SHE-Manager, who is reporting directly to the Managing Director of the EuroCom Group. The SHE-Manager has a special education to comply with legal requirements.
The SHE - Requirements shall comprise following details:
5.1. Plant safety
· Security concept of the procedure
· Choice of location and site plan / site utilisation plan
· Building concept, inclusive fire and explosion prevention
· Emergency and danger warning measures
· Logistics/transportation security
5.2. Work and Health Protection
o safe operability
o reliable and ergonomic operational sequences
· Exposition of the co-workers
o dangerous materials
o physical effects (noise, lighting etc..)
· preventive health protection
5.3. Environmental Protection and Permission
· Exhaust gas emissions (avoidance, reduction, utilization, cleaning)
· Waste water (avoidance, reduction, recycling, cleaning)
· Noise (avoidance, reduction)
· Wastes (avoidance, reduction, recycling, removal)
· Groundwater and ground protection (inclusive refuse dump situation)
· Necessary authority permissions
6. Levels of SHE
6.0. Level 0
Identification of fundamental risks in the different fields. Preliminary decisions for procedures, location and logistics.
As early as possible. With security concept already existing and determined site, this discussion could be summarized within stage 1.
· Project summary
· Identification of special risks by materials and procedures
· Questions to environmental protection, emissions in air and water
· Disposal conception
· Contaminated sites
· Risks by climate, flood, earthquake, neighbourhood, etc..
· Logistics concept for raw materials, products and wastes
· Requirements of the infrastructure
· Questions to official permissions/licenses
6.1. Level 1
Examination of the submitted concepts for procedures, location, building and logistics. Confirmation or amendments of strategies.
After presentation and approval of target specification.
· Materials (quantities, characteristic data, evaluation of the characteristics)
· Production and methods of process, equipment and materials
· Potential events of fault and their effects
· Prevention of danger, security concept
· Questions to work and health protection
· Medical emergency management, organization of medical assistance
· External emergency management
· Fire protection concept
· Logistics concept
· Availability of raw materials and energies, energy optimization
· Gaseous emissions, exhaust-gas treatment, waste water,
waste water treatment, water protection, noise control, ground protection
· Waste minimization, avoidance, disposal proof
· Authority licensing procedure
6.2. Level 2
Adoption of environmental protection and of the security concept and the engineering.
Security concept and environmental protection concepts are containing.
· Adoption of the environmental protection concepts
· Adoption of the security concept:
o examination of the production process
o examination of safety-relevant items of equipment
o security of handling, transport and storage
o fire and explosion prevention
o security and ergonomics during operation and maintenance
· Preliminaries of detail - engineering
· Examination of the official licensing procedure
6.3. Level 3
Systematic examination on security and operating ability
After completion of the visualization of the final production process and simultaneously to the preparation of engineering.
Examination of selected, safety-relevant components in a standardized procedure and backed up by appropriate documentation.
6.4. Level 4
7. SHE - Requirements
Examination of the implementation of security -, health protection and environmental protection concept before start-up.
After mechanical completion, before start-up.
· Adoption of the environmental protection concepts
· Examination of the official permission/license situation
· Confirmation of all necessary acceptance tests
· Examination of the organizational provisions for a safe
running-up of the plant
· Inspection of plant and survey of
o escape and emergency routes
o personal emergency means
o fire-extinguishing equipments
o fall -, stumble -, impact -, and squeezing dangers
o operability of armatures
The requirements are documented in EuroCom's own SHE. Beyond that all customers own SHE-requirements apply. The German and the respective national SHE are used in such a way that the higher requirements in each case are applied.
8. SHE - Involved Parties
In dependence of the project structure and the contract regulations, following parties take part within the SHE-requirements:
o Plant Operator
o Know-how Partner
· Site Management
· Project Management
· Design and Engineering
· SHE - Specialist
o professional association
o TUEV / GOST or equivalent
· Local Authorities
· Supervisory Authorities
9. SHE - Specialized Departments
Tasks of the SHE-departments/parties during project completion:
· Examination of the project plans
· Consultation of the Project Management and planning
· Participation in meetings
· Active and target-oriented projection work
10. Reporting System and Documentation
Tasks of the SHE- departments during project completion:
· Separate notes in the building site report
· Separate notes in the week and monthly report
· Independent correspondence
· Documented training courses of the building site personnel
· Obligation of registering all incidents. Reporting directly
to EuroCom's Managing Directors.